Monochrome Madness Week 17
Here I was thinking that this weeks Monochrome Madness was going to be a small group and then all of a sudden I was inundated with emails, all good. So still a nice group of images and I am sure you will all enjoy them. I have heard from some that you are enjoying the discussions taking place with the images, and I think that is fantastic, so please keep doing it. Though I haven’t responded to everyone’s emails, I’m so sorry, I am travelling today, and the last few days have been a bit busy getting everything organised. As such, I won’t be on the internet much, I can approve comments, but would love it if you all just respond to the comments where you can, to all of them. I would love to see you doing that, so everyone is responsible, got that?
A while back I got some extension tubes, the polaroid ones, which I know are good, but I didn’t get the ones that you can use the auto focus on, so I decided to just get some Kenko ones. I knew I would use them, and they would be a good enough substitution until I can afford a macro lens, well at least let me see if I really want one and would use one. So for my image this week I thought I would make use of the lilies that have started growing in my garden again. I used the 50mm lens with the 20mm extension tube. I had to use my tripod, which isn’t a bad thing. I enjoyed getting some images like this. I do love lilies in black and white.
Laura Macky has sent her image for this week and she said she was trying something new. You can check out what she was doing in her post here. Something else I thought I would tell you about, Laura has entered a competition and she wants you all to vote for her, here is the link, voting for Laura’s image.
As per usual the gallery is here for you and all the links are below. Remember if you want to send an image all the instructions are below.
- 1/ Kathie Chicoine Artistic Photography / Digital Art Skip to content
- 2/ One Day | One Image
- 3/ It Goes On
- 4/ blinded by light
- 5/ RITVA’S ART – PHOTOGRAPHY
- 6/ EL BUENO, EL FEO Y EL MALO
- 7/ Renaissance Musings
- 8/ mythical horse
- 9/ blondiesBEARista
- 10/ jmeyersforeman photography
- 11/ SARI’S CORNER
- 12/ HUTCHPHOTOGRAPHY2020
- 13/ eljaygee
- 14/ sabrina jones
- 15/ brightpigments
- 16/ Michelle Amar Photography
- 17/ lisakimmorley.com
- 18/ THE SHADY TREE
- 19/ Crow Canyon Journal
- 20/ Six Pixx
- 21/ Snow’s Fissures and Fractures
- 22/ BrooklynBystander
- 23/ Maverick Mist
- 24/ DRAWING WITH LIGHT
- 25/ the boring lens
- 26/ EdMooneyPhotography
- 27/ daPonte Photography
- 28/ J.T. Avery Photography
- 29/ A Gypsy’s Chronicles
- 30/ CHRIS BREEBAART PHOTOGRAPHY
- 31/ daysandmonths
- 32/ Taking One Day At A Time
- 33/ DAN SHEHAN PHOTOGRAPHY
- 34/ pkphotooftheday
- 34/ The Weekly Minute
- 35/ The Republic of Ann
- 36/ VISUAL VENTURING
- 37/ THOUGH I FALL
- 38/ THE PALLADIAN TRAVELER
- 39/ Jamie Christine Photography
- 40/ Sally’s world365
- 41/ Wendy Philip P h o t o g r a p h y
- 42/ DIRECTIONALLY-IMPAIRED
- 43/ “There was a time”
- 44/ Capturing Little Moments
- 45/ Laura Macky
- 46/ Leanne Cole
Now, if you wish to participate and submit an image here is how you do it:-
- You must email me the image you want to include and if you have a blog or website, or somewhere else, please include the link. My email address is email@example.com
- The image size should be as small as it can be, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less.
- Please insert either your name or your blogs name in the file name.
- Remember I am on Australian time, so with GMT I am +11 hours at the moment, I publish my post on Wednesday morning.
- If you need more help with sending images, and get confused about time zones, etc, well, there is a great website called The World Clock, if you go to that and look at Melbourne time, if it’s before 6pm on Tuesday evening, then you can still send me images. If it’s after that time, you can send me an image, but it will be set aside for the following week.
- Remember to include a link to your blog or website.
- Please remember to resize your images, it is fairly simply, you just need to go into any editing software and usually under Image you will find, resize, scale, or image size, something like that and you can resize your image there. Change the dimensions to pixels and make the longest side 1000 pixels or smaller, hit return, and for most types of software that should change the other side automatically as well. Just remember to save it with a different name so you know it is the smaller version. If you have any problems, please contact me, I don’t mind helping out.
Please note you don’t have to be a WordPress blogger to be in this challenge, you can have a link to a Facebook page, a Flickr page, anywhere really, or no link. We just want to encourage people to do monochrome images, just for the madness of it.
Just to let you know also, that as soon as the challenge is published, all emails and images you have sent me are deleted from my computer. I respect your copyright and would never keep any of the images.